Here you will find useful information outlining any emerging opportunities available to secondary schools. We will also update any links to relevant articles or information that you may find useful in developing the work of your department in school.
Forthcoming Concerts: Invitation to Teachers
Details for the Rehearsal and Concert Day:
- Co-ordinating secondary school performance opportunities in partnership with Music for Youth.
- Creating five new popular music schools across the city dedicated to rock, pop, urban, funk and popular instrumental music for pupils interested in band development.
- Extending our popular Battle of the Bands event held every year in February/ March – including video footage/CDs of band performances and the opportunity to progress to perform at the National Rock and Pop Festival at Birmingham’s O2 Academy in June.
- Funded peer review for classroom teachers - enabling colleagues to observe the work of another teacher in a nearby school.
- Development of a collection of online videos exhibiting best practice as a tool for training and development.
- Offering free membership to Music Mark, enabling teachers to avail of training, conferences and updates in Music Education