School Centred Initial Teacher Training (SCITT)

Reach Qualified Teacher Status With The Trusted Teacher Training Provider in Birmingham - And Save £3,250 On Course Fees.

Services For Education are delighted to offer on-the-job teacher training in partnership with a range of Birmingham primary schools. We offer salaried and fee-paying opportunitites for you.
 
There are only 20 places available and successful applicants will benefit from:
 
  • A More Affordable SCITT Programme. Our fee-paying SCITT course price is capped at £6,000 which is £3,250 less than most other providers. 
  • An Experienced Team. We are home to the team that delivered training on behalf of the Birmingham Local Authority for ten years and are now accredited to award QTS as a separate entity.  
     
  • Great Quality Teaching. 81% of our students said they were very satisfied with our course last year (the other 19% were satisfied) and in 2012, Ofsted assessed and graded our programmes as good.
     
  • Personal Support. Our continually trained tutors and mentoring staff will always be on hand to offer support and ensure trainees' wellbeing.  
  • An Opportunity to Earn While You Learn. Our salaried course is perfect for exceptional candidates who are truly passionate about teaching. 
     

But there are only 20 spaces available so apply soon to secure your place.

Location
 
Our main centralised training takes place at Greenholm Primary School and our placement partner schools are:
 
  • Firs Primary School
  • Great Barr Primary Academy
  • Holy Trinity C of E Primary School
  • Kingsland Primary School
  • Nansen Primary School
  • Parkfield Primary School
  • Gossey Lane Junior and Infant School
  • Gunter Primary School
  • Hodge Hill Primary School
  • Warren Farm Primary School
  • Turves Green Primary
  • Green Meadow Primary
  • Worlds End Primary
All trainees will attend one or two days school based training each week for most of the year at Greenholm Primary School. This is the core training programme upon which the trainees' school will build and personalise the development plan. The rest of the time will be spent in placement schools.
 
All trainees will be based in two of the above schools during the year, and will be allocated a programme tutor and a school based mentor who will lead on the trainees' development programme and support.
 
Pricing and Funding Details.
 
For the 2019/2020 academic year, Services For Education will be offering SCITT through both salaried and fee-paying School Direct mechanisms.  
 

We are looking to provide up to 20 full-time primary places with the course running from September 2019 to July 2020. Successful trainees will be awarded QTS in August 2020. 

For the fee-paying School Direct mechanism, the fees for 2018/19 have been set at £6,000. Find out about course fee funding through student loans here.

For the salaried School Direct mechanism, salary will be calculated based on the unqualified teachers' pay scales and is agreed between trainee and trainee school. To be considered you must have a minumum of 5 years experience in school in a salaried post. 

How to Apply.

For more information about our SCITT Programmes, visit the GOV.UK website here.

Applications are now open.

All shortlisted applicants will take part in a two stage selection process comprising centre based panel interviews and presentations, and a classroom observation in one of the partnership schools.
 
This is a post-graduate course so all applicants must have a UK degree at level 2.2 or above or equivalent (see UK Naric for comparison of non-UK degrees).
 
In addition all trainees must have passed GCSE maths, English, and science at grade C or above, and their numeracy and literacy skills tests before starting the course.
 

Contact Us

If you have any questions or queries regarding the programme please feel free to contact Niall Crawford, ITT Programme Manager on 0121 366 9949.

Want More Information?

 

Or apply for the course here.

Or Call Us on 0121 366 9949

 

 

 

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

Services For Education Login

Please log in to access your user account.